An accountant with significant experience of working with SME’s and sole traders. Having set up and managed his own business Gareth is all too aware of the problems and challenges encountered by those looking to start and manage their own enterprises. Gareth’s clients rely on him on a daily basis with issues such as taxation, bookkeeping, payroll and general accountancy advice.
In addition to his work with Enterprising Macclesfield, Gareth also sits on the Board of Make it Macclesfield Community Interest Company as Finance Director. Gareth also sits on the Macclesfield Town Centre Stakeholder panel and is active in encouraging a developing and thriving Macclesfield.
Having initially trained with a large city centre practice in Manchester went on to operate and manage, at Director level, two offices of a nationwide accountancy practice before going on to set up and run his own practice in Macclesfield.
Incorporating his business within Bennett Brooks has allowed him greater access to a more comprehensive range of services to which his clients benefit whilst still maintaining a close daily working relationship.
– Preparation of Limited Company, Partnership and Sole Trader accounts.
– Monthly accounting and management reports.
– Implementing Sage accounting and payroll packages for clients and providing backup support.
– Dealing with all aspects of Self Assessment Tax Returns.
– Preparing and advising clients on VAT.
– Preparing and advising clients on all aspects of salaries, wages and PAYE.
– Preparing and submitting statutory documents to Companies House.
– Acting as Company Secretary to a number of clients
– Responsibility for staff and related aspects of HR.